Getting any decent watch under $100 seems like an extreme sport these days. Thus, we knew that going out to look for the best outdoor watches under $100 will be a little challenging.
Not difficult, just challenging.
If you have also used some outdoor watches before, you know that they have to be:
We kept all that in mind and we did find amazing picks in this category for women, men, and kids.
Find out the choices we agreed upon below – and follow through for a detailed buying guide on outdoor watches (no matter your budget).
In This Article...
Which is The Best Outdoor Watch Under $100?
Check Price On Amazon
Best Under-$100 Outdoor Watches for Kids
No kid should have to spend time outdoors with a bare wrist.
From being able to tell the basic time (and quite easily so) to getting other advanced watch features at a modest price, we have made a selection.
1. Timex Expedition Digital Chrono Watch
- Adjustable black & gray 18mm resin strap with integrated mini...
- 100-hour chronograph with lap & split times; 24-hour countdown...
- 3 daily, weekday or weekend alarms with 5-minute backup; 24-hour...
- Gray 41mm resin case with acrylic lens; gray digital display;...
- Water-resistant to 100m (330 ft): In general, suitable for...
This watch comes in more than five unique, beautiful color options. This allows the kid to choose what best resonates with their sense of style and personality.
Moving away from the looks, the watch is also highly legible. At a glance, the kid gets all of the time, day, and date.
Under the hood, there is support for alarm, split lap timing, and a 24-hour chronograph.
On top of that, Timex opted for the kind of hollow screen design that we see on Casio watches, ensuring that there is a lesser chance of screen damage.
Finished off with a silicone rubber exterior, the watch is built to last.
Top Outdoor Watches Under $100 for Men
An outdoor watch does not have to be without taste.
That is why we considered men's taste here.
We also considered what these men could be spending their time outdoors doing. From some handwork around the house to hiking and camping, we’ve got you covered.
1. Casio Men’s G-Shock Mudman G9000-3V
- Quartz movement
- Protective Mineral crystal protects watch from scratches
- Case diameter: 45 mm
- Resin case; Black dial
- Water resistant to 660 feet (200 M): suitable for recreational...
It would be a shame not to put one of the toughest watches on the planet on this kind of list.
We found the Mudman to be c combination of style, ruggedness, and quality – and selling for less than 100 dollars also. It doesn't get better than this.
This one stays true to the G-Shock design philosophy, packing a tough rubber exterior around a hollow screen.
Casio ups the water-resistance game here, taking this one as far as 200 meters. Safe to say you don’t need to take the watch off when your scuba diving gear comes on.
At 45mm, the watch face is large enough to pack all of the time, day, and date display into one screen. Casio also threw in an altimeter on this watch to make it even more functional for hikers.
If you are doing a lot of hiking, though, you might want to think about getting an affordable hiking watch instead.
2. Timex Men’s Command Urban Watch
- Adjustable blue 22mm resin quick-release strap fits up to 8-inch...
- Shock resistant to I. S. O. standards; 100-hour chronograph with...
- 3 daily, weekday or weekend alarms with 5-minute backup; 24-hour...
- Black & gunmetal 47mm resin square case with acrylic lens &...
- Water-resistant to 100m (330 ft): In general, suitable for...
No matter what you spend time doing outside, this is a great watch to have.
We would recommend this watch for those who work in construction, manufacturing or work away from the surface/ urban centers.
Timex opted for resin bands to allow the watch to take on more shocks without suffering damage of any kind.
At 47mm, this watch is not exactly your average size. The square form factor, however, makes sure that the watch wears smaller on the wrists.
The water resistance rating of the watch is set at 100m – which is more than plenty in most applications.
This watch means business, and it tells you that on the first look.
3. CakCity Men’s Military Outdoor Watch
- An altimeter tracks your vertical movement, a barometer tells the...
- Barometer helps you predict changing conditions; Built in weather...
- Functions: Altimeter, Barometer, Compass, Temperature, Steps...
- Bulit with tempered glass, stainless steel case and nylon band,...
- High Quality & Waterproof: 18 months long battery life and...
CakCity meant it when they called this one a military watch.
The watch face is protected with a special choice of tempered glass to prevent breakages and scratches. Extending from the tempered glass surface is a high-quality nylon band that looks set to take on anything you throw at it.
The most impressive part of this watch is its functions.
At this price range, it is surprising to see all of an altimeter, barometer, compass, and thermometer sensor in the watch.
We should warn at this point that these sensors won’t work as accurately as the ones on more expensive watches, but they should approximate well enough for you.
That said, CakCity continues the good job by weighting this watch slightly more than others in its category. That keeps you aware of the timepiece on your wrists without hindering your arm movement.
Overall, the only thing we would complain about is the rather low 50m water resistance rating.
4. Timex Expedition Rugged Metal Watch
- Adjustable brown 22 millimeter genuine leather strap fits up to...
- Cream dial with date window at 3 o'clock; Full Arabic numerals;...
- Gray 45 millimeter brass case with mineral glass crystal
- Indiglo light-up watch dial; Luminous hands
- Water resistant to 50 meter (165 feet): In general, suitable for...
How about a simple traditional watch design in an outdoor watch?
Timex perfects that with this piece which doesn’t look out of the ordinary.
The gunmetal-lookalike finish on the watch case is something to stare at. We also like the way Timex made this double as a watch bezel and the beautiful inscriptions on there.
On the watch face itself, Timex adopts a colorful design element that still doesn't look too much.
When night falls, you will find out that the hour hands and watch dial are luminous. You might not have a dedicated LED button on board, but you get better visibility in low light too.
Finally, we are impressed with the choice of leather material on this watch. Even though it looks premium, we don’t recommend that you take this leather anywhere near water.
5. NIXON Regulus
- REGULUS, ALL BLACK. High-tech and element-proof, the all black...
- THE DNA. Beyond the time, the Regulus has extreme 100m...
- UNDERCOVER. The Regulus was built to make missions more than...
- FUELED BY ADVENTURES. We deliver products that meet your needs in...
- For A Life Well Lived. Through our dedicated teams perspectives,...
In case you didn’t know, this watch was built in collaboration with the US Special Forces.
This set of people spend a lot of time outdoors – and under some of the harshest conditions too. Thus, we know that the watches are built to last.
You would love the camouflage finish on the durable rubber straps on this watch. Nixon makes it possible to use the LCD as a positive or negative display.
With most users describing the watch as comfortable to wear, easy to read, and great for everyday use, you won’t regret adding one to your collection either.
6. Peugeot Men’s Chronograph Sport Watch
- ✔ Round big face 46mm case with 3 subdials inlcuding day, date...
- ✔ Matched with 22mm wide black silicone strap
- ✔ Analog-quartz movement
- ✔ Reliable quartz accurate movement manufacturerd by Seiko
- ✔ Backed by Peugeot's industry leading Limited Lifetime...
Peugeot knew what they were doing when they were coming up with the design for this large watch – and we daresay it came out excellently.
A stunning pairing of colors on the watch shows us that outdoor watches don’t have to be drab.
Don't let the colors fool you, though.
Peugeot slaps on an edged-out, rugged watch case to protect the exterior of the watch and mineral glass on the face. They continue the protective aspect by opting for rubber bands with the same detailing as the watch face for a uniformed look.
Elsewhere, the watch comes with three chronographs to indicate the day, 12- and 24- hour time as well as a stopwatch.
Running on a quartz movement from Seiko, you know this watch brings it all to the table.
7. Casio G-Shock GA800-1ACR
- Original Packaging Description: Original Casio G-Shock box and...
- Water Resistance: 200 m (20 ATM), Case Material: Resin, With...
- Reference Number: GA-800-1ADR, Band Material: Resin, Band Color:...
- With Original Packaging: Yes, Department: Men's, Age Group: Adult
- Movement: Quartz (Battery), Case Color: Black, Type: Wristwatch
If you were shopping for the best waterproof watches under $100, this G-Shock will be in contention.
That is not the only thing that this watch is good enough for, though. It also happens to be one of the simplest-looking yet effective G-Shock units that we have seen in a while.
Casio took a step back on populating the watch face, only choosing to have the digital and analog displays here. There are some brandings and markings too, showing that the shock-resistant watch can also travel to depths of 200m below water.
Best Outdoor Watches Under $100 for Women
Most buying guides for outdoor watches only focus on the men – and maybe the kids sometimes.
That is not us.
It’s true that most watch manufacturers make picks for men and believe that women should find what they want in there too. However, we knew that we could find the outdoor wristwatches tailored to suit women more.
Find out some below.
1. Casio G-Shock GBD800UC-5
- From G-Shock, this timepiece is the latest addition to their new...
- The watch is designed with a 49.5mm brown resin case and black...
- The app also makes it possible to maintain step count logs with...
This Power Trainer from G-Shock is one of the latest in the series and we love what we see.
The watch might look large on your wrists, but there is no rule for outdoor watches to have the same kind of fit that your dress watches enjoy.
That cleared, you will enjoy the mobile connectivity of the watch which brings so much more to the table. For example, you can track your daily steps and check on your health via the watch.
It doesn’t bring the advanced features of a full smartwatch, but it’s a nice connected device to have on your wrists when spending some time outdoors.
Finished off with a rugged design like we have come to know the G-Shocks for, this watch offers great value for money.
2. LAD Weather Outdoor Watch
- Color: Black / Negative display
- Function: Altimeter, Barometer, Compass, Thermometer, Weather...
- Case: Plastic (Diameter 45mm, Thickness 13mm), Caseback:...
- Data range: Altimeter: -706 - 9,164m (-2,316 - 30,067ft),...
- The very first model of Sensor Master series. Now it’s global...
When going deep into the woods, camping, climbing, or hiking, you need a watch that supports you.
Here, you need to tell more than just the time. You want to be the first to know if a storm is coming; when there is a sudden drop in temperature, and how far up you have climbed.
Fortunately, you don’t have to take different tools for that when you can just grab this watch.
Men can also get in on it – but we have decided to save this one for the women.
With 30m water resistance to finish, don’t think about going scuba diving with this one.
3. MVMT Chronograph Watch
- MINIMALIST CHRONOGRAPH- A MVMT icon. The Chrono 45MM brings sleek...
- FINELY CRAFTED MOVEMENT- Battery powered 6 hand chronograph,...
- DURABLE AND WATER RESISTANT- Water Resistant up to 5 ATM/50...
- DESIGNED IN THE USA- Premium on-trend Watches and accessories,...
- TWO YEAR GUARANTEE- We're so confident you'll love what we do...
We are used to seeing watches with up to three chronographs get busy, but not this one.
There is something about this watch that is just refreshingly calming.
For us, the best pick will be the black case finish paired with a brown leather strap for one of the most contrasting allures.
Looking at the watch face, MVMT kept branding to a minimum and amplified the watch complications instead. Besides the chronographs, you also get a date window display at the 4 o'clock mark.
Fully designed in the US, there is a promise of quality behind this watch.
As long as you are not a core outdoor person, this watch finds good application on your wrists for everyday outdoor activities.
Outdoor Watch Buying Guide: How Did We Choose These Watches?
Besides ensuring they were all selling for $100 as of the time of the research, we also considered some other major factors.
Ruggedness & Durability
Any watch that needs the flimsiest excuse to break down is not a good outdoor watch.
Depending on your choice of outdoor activity, you want a watch that can stay reliable and durable throughout.
The watch should also be able to take a beating and come out on top.
This does not mean that we chose these watches so that you can abuse them. Instead, it means that they will stand up well against abuse if it does happen in the course of your outdoor activities.
A standard outdoor watch should have a long-lasting battery. All of the best outdoor watches under $100 that we chose here are rated to last anywhere from 6 months to a year (at the least) on a charged battery.
We did try to look for some solar watches under $100 too, but we are yet to see picks that meet every other criterion for this list.
As soon as we get our hands on any, we’ll surely update this list so that you have a wider range of power options on your outdoor watches.
We are yet to find a waterproof wristwatch. However, we have seen many that are water-resistant.
Fortunately, most people don’t take their outdoor watches deep diving. For that, you can get dive watches at affordable prices too.
That, however, does not mean your outdoor watch should not have a good water resistance rating.
What if you were out camping/ hiking/ working and rain started? How about if you were just on a fishing party and you had to put your hand inside the water – or get submerged fully?
Thus, we considered watches with different water resistance ratings too.
Anywhere from 30m to 200m water resistance badges, you will find them on this list.
Depending on your taste, you might prefer either analog or digital watches.
When it comes to outdoor watches, we prefer to go with digital screens most of the time. These options allow us to check the time at a glance and get other important information also.
Digital screens become more important when your outdoor watch is not only for visiting friends/ going to the park but adventures too.
The good news, however, is that everyone is served here.
Whether you prefer analog to digital or the other way around, we have something for you here. We chose some great hybrid (analog and digital) outdoor watches up there too.
Oh, we’re going to talk about the brand!
Certain brands have established themselves as an authority in some niches. This is like Casio in the rugged watch niche and Invicta for the inexpensive wristwatch options.
Most new brands target these low-priced sections so that they can gain some market share. We would love to go with them sometimes, but they don’t bring the kind of quality and style that we want for you to the table.
Thus, it is better to go with known brands and their offerings in the target price range. They have a name to protect, so they won’t give you something less than the value of your money.