Invicta watches were made to satisfy people that enjoy strapping on big wristwatches. This excessive size has earned them some positive and negative reviews from users and non-users.
In this piece, I will be stating three reasons why Invicta makes large watches.
3 Reasons Why Invicta Watches Are Large
Below are three reasons why Invicta adopted the large watch size:
- Standing out. Creating large watches helped this brand stand out. Watches vary in style, shape, and sizes which means there isn’t one correct size. With the production of large pieces, Invicta gained the attention of watch users so when they need a large piece, they know where to get it.
- Trend flow. The use of large watches and jewelry in the ‘90s was very common. A lot of celebrities and rich people loved and still love large accessories as it is a means to flaunt their wealth. Invicta watches helped keep this trend alive.
- Consumer satisfaction. Invicta watches satisfy customers with big wrists. Body builders, for example, might not be able to strap on any type of watch due to their wrist size. The large size of Invicta watches solves this problem.
Are Invicta watches any good?
Reviews are one of the best ways to determine if a product is good or not. Currently, critics have split reviews on this piece and can’t decide whether it is worth it or not.
I will try to answer this by looking at four details on the Invicta watches.
Invicta watches were made with catchy exterior designs. If you are to compare the designs they have, and the price they sell their watches at, things don’t add up. While designs are good, most watch enthusiasts mentioned that they would have bought them if they did produce smaller sizes.
Invicta makes use of some of the best glass materials to protect the dials. These are:
- Mineral crystal: This glass is a very popular one among watchmakers and is considered the second strongest glass;
- Sapphire crystal: The sapphire crystal, is the most sought after by major watch companies, thanks to its scratch resistance and anti-reflective qualities;
- Flame fusion: This is the trademark glass Invicta uses. Its durability is closer to mineral than sapphire, and it has been compared as an equivalent to Seiko’s Hardlex crystal.
These top-quality glasses have been picked to allow you to enjoy your time using any of the watches.
Invicta watches use stainless steel casings on most of their watches. A larger percentage of these watches have screwed-down backs, which aids easy opening when there is a need for repair. Some Invicta watches also make use of a screw-down crown which aids water resistance.
You can pick up your Invicta watches with different straps, some of which are:.
- Stainless steel – This strap is very popular on these watches because it is highly durable;
- Leather – This brand makes use of top tier leather straps like the Croco-embossed straps which is very elegant;
- Rubber/ silicone – This strap is made for the sport enthusiasts;
- Titanium – This is the premium band. Any Invicta watch with this strap is going to be expensive due to the cost of the titanium band used.
All these details listed above show how much this brand cares about user satisfaction. Except for their large size, Invicta watches are good.
Are Invicta watches high end?
There are various comments on Invicta watches with some users claiming that they are overpriced and others stating otherwise. Both comments are true in their own ways.
The first comment stating these watches are overpriced is because some users saw a lesser quality in the watch which they didn’t expect. On the other hand, the satisfied customers that wanted to flaunt, or those who can’t use tinier watch pieces, think that this is the right watch for them.
In my opinion, Invicta watches aren’t overpriced at the end of the day. I know that they use some shady marketing tactics where it seems that the watch is always on sale, but they finally sell for what they are supposed to.
This Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) scheme where Invicta lists the price for more than it actually costs is intended to make it look like a high-end piece but it is not. Considering the quality of the watches they make, the price they sell the watches might be just right.